1. WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
2. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
CAUSETEAM is a product-based fundraising and donation system for people and organizations to raise money for worthy causes. The Site is designed to operate without requiring you to submit any more Personal Information (“PI”) than is necessary to use the Site effectively. We do not require you to register or submit PI in order to visit the Site. Some activities on the Site can be performed without providing PI. When we ask for PI to participate in an activity, set up a fundraiser, make a purchase or make a donation, we will not require anyone to disclose more PI than we believe is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity. We collect the following categories of information from you:
2.1 PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
- If you set up a fundraising account, we collect your name, phone number, project/mission description, and email address, social information (from the social networking sites you connected with), any photos that you upload to the Site, your mailing address, and phone number.
- If you make a purchase and/or donation through the Site, we collect your name, physical address, phone number, and email address.
- PI you provide about yourself when you send us an email or complete a contact form on the Site. If you are a charity or nonprofit (each a “Charity”) and you establish an account with CAUSETEAM, we will collect the name, tax ID, physical address, email address of the Charity and the name, email address, and phone number of the person who establishes the Charity account.
We may obtain address information about you from third-party sources for fraud prevention or for legal compliance.
2.2 PASSIVE GATHERING OF INFORMATION ELECTRONICALLY
2.3 E-MAIL COMMUNICATIONS
When you send an email to CAUSETEAM, we may retain your email address and the contents of the email you send. Please note that e-mail is not a secure means to send PI, as it is not encrypted.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
When you provide us with your PI, we may use such information for a number of purposes, including:
- To facilitate communication between CAUSETEAM and you including, without limitation, responding to your questions or comments, sending emails concerning our products and services, or contacting you for feedback;
- To administer your account, process purchases, and donations, provide products or services to you and for CAUSETEAM marketing and promotional activities;
- To provide a report to a fundraiser to whom you benefit by making a purchase or providing a donation;
- To provide you with important functionality changes to the Site, new CAUSETEAM services, and special offers from CAUSETEAM;
- To customize, analyze, adjust and improve the Site;
- To enforce our agreements with you, prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, for other legally permissible purposes and generally to ensure that we comply with applicable laws;
4. ACCESSING OR CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CAUSETEAM allows you to change or correct inaccuracies in your PI by logging into your account and making changes to your PI.
5. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
CAUSETEAM may give, share, sell or trade your PI to or with any third parties under the following circumstances:
When you make a purchase for, or donation to, a fundraiser, CAUSETEAM shares with the fundraiser your name, address, email address, donation amount, date of transaction, and transaction identification number. If you wish to stop receiving communications from a fundraiser, please contact the fundraiser.
5.2 FULFILLMENT OF SERVICES
We may retain other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include, but are not limited to, companies and individuals who: (i) administer the CAUSETEAM accounts; (ii) process donations; (iii) conduct surveys or promotional activities; (iv) deliver products; or (v) provide customer support, web hosting, internet service, and data analysis. Such third parties may be provided with access to PI needed to perform their functions but may not use such information for any other purpose.
5.3 COMPLIANCE WITH LAW AND FRAUD PROTECTION
5.4 SALE OR TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
In the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution or sale or transfer of substantially all of the assets of CAUSETEAM or the Site, PI, or financial information, and/or other information collected about you from the Site may be sold, assigned or transferred to the party acquiring all or substantially all of the equity and/or assets of CAUSETEAM or the Site in order to permit the party to continue the operation of CAUSETEAM and/or the Site or any successor version of the Site. By using the Site and providing PI or financial information to CAUSETEAM, you consent to the sale and transfer of your information as described in this paragraph.
6. CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
7. INFORMATION YOU PUBLICLY POST
Any PI you post publicly on the Site (“Publicly Available Content”) is available to the public without any expectation of privacy or confidentiality. Copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your Publicly Available Content even if you remove the Publicly Available Content. To request the removal of your personal information from these areas of the site, contact us using the information below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. The profile you create on our site will be publicly visible.
8. IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES, PRACTICES AND CONTACT INFORMATION
8.1 THIRD-PARTY LINKS
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. Please be aware that CAUSETEAM cannot control and is not responsible for the information collection practices of such websites, which may differ from those of CAUSETEAM. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of these websites before providing any information to them.
8.2 DATA SECURITY
We use appropriate security safeguards to protect your PI against loss, theft, and unauthorized access. CAUSETEAM uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, to encrypt, or encode, the information you send to us in the order process. The encryption process protects your PI by scrambling it before it is sent from your computer. Only once we receive your information is it decoded. We use reasonable efforts to ensure your PI is securely stored on our own systems.
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 13. CAUSETEAM does not knowingly market to, or solicit information, accept service or collect information from any person under the age of 13. If CAUSETEAM becomes aware that any person submitting information to the Site is under the age of 13, we will attempt to delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. We require that only persons 13 years of age or older use the Site. By using the Site, you hereby represent that you are at least 13 years old.
8.5 CONTACTING US
8.6 USERS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
8.7 NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
Effective: June 15, 2014